This website was kindly donated by Mithra Designs Limited
Churchdown Bells Restoration Project
The sound of bells has rung out over Churchdown from St Bartholomews, the church on the top of Chosen Hill, since 1678.  There was a real danger that the bells would fall silent unless work was undertaken to replace and refurbish the bells and the ringing mechanism. Thanks to the fantastic response to our appeal for donations to this project it has been possible to carry out major elements of the work including; the removal of the old bells from the tower and the casting of five new bells to make a new peal of six. A lot of this work has been supported by volunteers from the ringers and the church community. It is anticipated that the bells will be rehung in early 2015.  
For further details please read our leaflet which can be found on this website.
Click here to donate Click here to donate
Visitor count